BGCI Member: No
About the Dunster Castle
A steep, wooded garden surrounding Dunster Castle, first described by James Savage in 1830 when the tor was covered with evergreens, flowering trees and shrubs. The south-east slopes and terraces offer conditions suitable for tender sun-loving plants including palms and a 100-year-old lemon tree. Collections also include rhododendrons, camellias, magnolias, herbaceous, dahlias and mixed borders. Winding paths give views over attractive parkland. The Mill Walk at the base of the tor was mostly planted by Mrs Alys Luttrell in the early 1920s and restored by the National Trust after receiving the property from Colonel Luttrell in 1976. Conservatory.
Somerset TA24 6SL United Kingdom