BGCI's Online Training Platform
BGCI has launched an online training platform to provide online and blended learning training courses to BGCI members and other interested individuals. The platform, which is Moodle based, allows the creation of a range of interactive content with resources designed to complement BGCI’s existing face-to-face training courses, projects and publications.
Over the next few years we will be releasing new modules each quarter. Our focus is initially is to develop a Botanic Garden Basics series. These introductory modules are aimed at small and resource challenged gardens to provide practical training to complement the publication ‘From Ideas to Realisation – BGCI’s Manual on Planning, Developing and Managing Botanic Gardens’ (2016).
Most of our training courses will be free to access for BGCI members, further details below.
There are currently three modules available:
- Defining a Botanic Garden (Botanic Garden Basics series) – free to members (enrolment key required)
- An Introduction to Interpretation – free to members (enrolment key required)
- Vegetative Propagation of Threatened Trees – free to all
Details about each module can be found on the training platform.
How to access the platform
You will need a sheep account to log in to the BGCI online training platform. Setting up a sheep account is easy to do and completely free. Your sheep account details will also give you access to other BGCI services such as our discussion forum Discourse. Follow these steps to log in:
- Visit the training platform: https://training.bgci.org/
- Select log in (found in the right hand corner of the screen)
- On the login page select “Log in using your Sheep account” – the grey box as per image below. This will take you to our Sheep CRM login page where you can either login or create an account. You will then be redirected to the training platform:
Accessing modules on the training platform
Once you have logged in you will be able to access the content displayed on the homepage. Here you will see a list of our available modules. You can also search for a course, or browse our courses by course category.
Any courses that are free to access (for all) can be accessed by clicking on the course title, and selecting “enrol me” at the bottom of the course information page.
For any courses that are free to BGCI members:
- If you are a BGCI member, click the course title and enter the enrolment key to access. This enrolment key can be found in the BGCI members newsletter. Or you can contact us for the key.
- If you are not a BGCI member, please contact us for information and costs
Become a Member
Be part of the largest network of botanic gardens and plant conservation experts in the world by joining BGCI today!
Calling all Experts
As a membership benefit exclusively for BGCI Institutional Members, staff associated with these institutions can apply for inclusion in BGCI's Directory of Expertise.