BGjournal on JSTOR
TopicServices for Botanic Gardens
BGCI is pleased to announce that prior issues of BGjournal and its predecessor, Botanic Gardens Conservation News, is now freely available on JSTOR.
BGjournal is being made freely available on JSTOR as part of a limited preview of the upcoming JSTOR Plants & Society Collection.
Plants & Society is a diverse collection focusing on the historical, cultural, aesthetic, and environmental implications and uses of plants by people. This interdisciplinary resource will include academic journals, research reports, and primary sources. Key thematic topics will include:
- Ecology & Conservation
- Horticulture, Gardens & Landscape
- Plant History & Exploration
- Useful Plants & Agriculture
At completion, the collection will include a minimum of:
- 25 journals that are all new to JSTOR, along with five Open Access journals
- 1,000 research reports from leading institutes worldwide
- 75,000 primary source pages
Some of our early partners in the project include the Australian Garden History Society, Botanic Gardens Conservation International, Deutsche Gartenbaubibliothek e.V., Foundation for Landscape Studies, New York Botanical Garden, Oak Spring Garden Foundation, and Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria.