Education congress scholarships
BGCI are delighted to be able to offer further scholarships to support delegates to participate in the 10th International Congress on Education in Botanic Gardens. This funding has been made possible through support from our Gold sponsors:
To be considered for a scholarship you must meet the eligibility criteria set out below. A Scholarship Application Form should be completed and submitted to BGCI by email by 31st May 2018. All applicants will be notified by 15th June, 2018.
To be considered for the education congress scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be from a botanic garden
- Be from a small institution*
- Contribute to a session during the congress (submit an abstract)
- Be able to demonstrate the positive impact of your attendance on yourself and your organisation
- Be able to justify the need for financial support to attend the congress and the use of match funding to cover additional congress costs
*This scholarship is only open to small gardens (based on annual turnover – as per BGCI’s membership institution bands). To be eligible your garden’s annual turnover must Band D ($100,000 - $750,000) or Band E ($100,000 or less). Priority will be given to gardens in Band E.
Process for selecting successful applicants
Each application will be considered alongside the eligibility criteria above. Priroity will be given to BGCI members, individuals that work in education and to Band E gardens.
Available funding options
|Types of scholarship||Costs|
Round trip (return flights) airfare to and from Warsaw from country of origin (up to €1,500)
BGCI early member fee (€500)
Accommodation for 5 nights (€325)
|Flights||Round trip (return flights) airfare to and from Warsaw from country of origin (up to €1,500)|
|Registration fees||BGCI early member fee (€500)|
|Accommodation||Accommodation for 5 nights (€325)|
Please note: Scholarships cover specific costs associated with attending the congress, as listed above. Additional costs of attending the congress will need to be funded by the individual. These may include:
- Flights/international travel
- Travel within Warsaw i.e. to accommodation and the congress venue
- Accommodation for five nights (9 – 13th September inclusive)
- Congress fees
- Travel Insurance
- Pre- and post- congress tours (not included in the congress fee)
Please conplete and return the education scholarship application form to apply.
If you have any questions about the scholarship fund please contact the education congress team.
For additional information about the congress, please visit the congress website.