BGCI Member: No
About the Glendurgan Garden
A garden of great beauty, created in the 1820s, running down to the tiny village of Durgan and its beach. Glendurgan is a woodland garden over three valleys, converging on the Helford River. Alfred Fox originally planted the garden in the 1820s and "30s, many of the plants having been brought to the country by sea captains who sailed on the Fox ships out of Falmouth. There are many fine trees and rare and exotic plants with outstanding magnolias and camellias. Later in the season glorious displays of wildflowers carpet the valley slopes. Special features include the cherry laurel Maze dating from 1833, bamboo bridge, Giant's Stride, and the Holy Bank containing plants with biblical connections.
Cornwall TR11 5JZ United Kingdom