Past education projects
BGCI works with botanic gardens worldwide to develop their education programmes. As well as providing information and policy guidelines, BGCI also:
- Runs training workshops in botanic gardens worldwide
- Designs and implements education projects with partner gardens
- Develops education and interpretation master plans
- Carries out independent evaluations of education programmes and master plans
We also previously organised a five week International Diploma in Botanic Garden Education in collaboration with Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, UK.
Over 200 million people visit botanic gardens every year, making them important sites for influencing public thinking. BGCI supports gardens and related institutions to realise their potential in education and, in so doing, helps create a world in which plant diversity is valued, secure and supporting all life.
Take a look at our past projects:
- Global competition with the Fairchild Challenge
- Seeds of Unity
- Islamic Gardens in the UK
- Climate Change Education Resources