Botanic Gardens Community Toolbar
We've created a free toolbar for you to add to your browser (eg Internet Explorer, Firefox, Netscape).
The toolbar gives you instant access to our database searches, and shows you the latest news and alerts from botanic gardens. You can also chat online with people in botanic gardens around the world, using the Chat facility.
What does the BGCI community toolbar let you do?
- Get various news headlines and fresh content automatically via the RSS Reader
- Stay connected with BGCI’s site constantly
- Chat with botanic gardens colleagues who have the BGCI toolbar installed
- Get notified of new e-mails to POP3, Yahoo!, Gmail, or Hotmail accounts
- Search our site from anywhere on the web
You can install the toolbar right now but you may have to tell your browser to allow the software to be installed. The link below will start installing the toolbar.
Click here to find out more
Chat to Colleagues
You can use the 'Chat' icon to chat with other BGCI toolbar users when they are online. A great way to contact colleagues around the world, or to talk to the BGCI webmaster.
You can easily hide the toolbar, and it can be customised to give you quick links to your work tools as well as to the BGCI resources.
Recent Feedback about the BGCI Toolbar:
"Just to say I really like the toolbar - it's dead handy for searching the garden database, and I like the way you can switch between what you are searching."