New brochure on the GSPC available
7th December 2012
The Global Strategy for Plant Conservation (GSPC) was first adopted by the Conference of the Parties (COP) to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) in 2002. The GSPC included 16 targets to be achieved by 2010.
Following an in-depth review of progress towards the targets in 2007, the Parties to the CBD recognised that, while significant progress had been made at all levels, further work would be needed beyond 2010 to achieve the goals set out in the Strategy. It was therefore recommended that a consolidated update to the GSPC be developed, including updates to the 16 outcome oriented targets.
The consolidated update to the GSPC, with targets for 2011-2020, was adopted in Decision X/17 of the 10th Conference of the Parties (COP) to the CBD on 29 October 2010.
This booklet includes the following elements:
1. Decision X/17: Consolidated update of the Global Strategy for Plant Conservation 2011-2020
2. The Vision, mission, rationale and general principles of the GSPC (Annex to Decision X/17)
3. The objectives and targets 2011-2020 (Annex to Decision X/17)
4. The technical rationales for the targets of the GSPC (as presented at the 16th meeting of the CBD’s Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice (SBSTTA 16) in May 2012.)
5. Implementation of the Strategy (Annex to Decision X/17)
Download the brochure in English, French and Spanish here
| Spanish version |
Back to Archive