BGCI BirdFair raffle winners announced
25 August 2011
BGCI's stand at the BirdFair attracted much attention and provided an opportunity for us to promote botanic gardens around the world as ideal locations for bird watching . Birdlists from a number of gardens were made available to visitors at the fair.
We held a raffle, which, due to the wonderful prizes generously donated by supporters and partners, proved very popular. Winners of the raffle were:
1. Fine art limited edition woodcut by Bruce Pearson featuring rare Black Iris (Iris petrana) and wild tulip (Tulipa agenensis) at the Royal Botanic Garden, Jordan.
Winner: Dr Brian Goodwin and Ms Penny Pennington
2. A guided tour of the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh followed by lunch for two in the Garden’s Gateway Restaurant with Stephen Blackmore, Regius Keeper and Queen’s Botanist.
Winner: Mary Reynolds.
3. Print by David Mackinnon – Dragonflies
Winner: Mr Tarrant
4. Print by David Mackinnon – Kingfisher
Winner: Sue Ball
5. A family ticket to Westonbirt – The National Arboretum
Winner: Hilary Hodgkinson
6. Tickets to the Eden Project – (2 adults, 2 children)
Winner: David Marshall
7. Tickets to the Eden Project – (2 adults, 2 children)
Winner: Mrs Scovell
8. Book: The Biology of Island Floras
Winner: Julia Porter
9. Book .Wilderness: Earth's Last Wild Places
Winner: Suzanne Wolf
BGCI would like to congratulate all the winners of the prizes and thank all of you who bought tickets but did not win prizes!
Grateful thanks are also due to the people and organisations who donated the prizes and to Cambridge Botanic Garden for lending us plants to decorate our stand.
17 July 2014
16 July 2014
16 July 2014
1 July 2014
The Contribution of Botanical Gardens to Ecological Restoration and Restoring Natural Capital, Public Symposium, 16th July 2014, Missouri Botanical Garden
23 June 2014