Head of Horticultural Training & Technique Position - Shanghai, China
Chenshan Botanic Garden, Shanghai, China
Chenshan Botanic Garden, opened in April 2010, is located in the western of Shanghai, and covers about 207 ha. Being well equipped and staffed, the garden attracts about one million visitors p.a.
In order to maintain high horticultural standards, continue to adopt new methods and ensure that the outdoor horticultural practices match the scale of the operation, Chenshan Botanical Garden will provide a one year position for the Head of Horticultural Training & Technique. This is an exciting opportunity for a professional candidate who would like to contribute her/his expertise to a dynamic new garden in an Asian environment.
- To oversee and advise on the management and nursery of trees and shrubs in the garden.
- To develop systematic, documented approaches for the management of the garden’s living collections.
- To find suitable propagation methods for seeds and seedlings collected from the wild.
- To train horticulturists and establish regular training programmes.
We are seeking an enthusiastic person with a professional horticultural background, background in a variety of garden situations with experience in a large organisation is preferred. The candidate should satisfy the following requirements:
- Enthusiasm for plants and horticulture.
- Abilities to working in a different culture and respecting it.
- Having the background of professional horticultural education.
- At least four years horticultural work experience and two years management experience.
- Under 60 years of age.
- Some knowledge of Chinese would be helpful and an advantage though it is not essential.
- Providing a free apartment of up to 120m2.
- Providing a free company car, and appropriate travel expenses.
- Providing standard health, travel and life insurance for China.
- Good salary, commensurate with experience.
Chenshan will arrange the necessary work permit. This will require the applicant to provide personal background information on health etc.
Please send your CV, cover letter and work plan to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 November, 2013