Resource centre > Nursery Manager, Royal Botanic Garden, Jordan
Nursery Manager, Royal Botanic Garden, Jordan
Nursery Manager Royal Botanic Garden, Jordan
Tell Ar-Rumman, Jordan
The RBG will be a leading botanic garden, solely concentrating on the native flora of Jordan. The current aim of the nursery is to produce quality native plants (holding scientific information) for the ex situ conservation effort of the garden.
In addition, the RBG intends to cultivate a range of plants suitable for sale in the Garden’s shop.
The botanic garden is due to open to the public in the near future.
Qualifications and aptitudes:
• a minimum of three years’ managerial experience in a recognised nursery
• proven hands-on experience in a wide range of propagation techniques
• knowledge of a nursery’s role within a world class botanic garden
• experience in nursery organisation, planning and development
• experience in staff training • skills in implementing procedures
• excellent skills in crop husbandry, pest and disease vigilance
• flexibility to adapt to working in a ‘less-developed country’ where horticultural supplies are not always on hand
• meticulous record keeper
• experience in the commercial sector would be desirable
• a relevant qualification
Knowledge of the Arabic language (or a willingness to learn) would be advantageous, along with a proven interest in the region’s flora.
Qualified applicants should submit their CV and cover letter to:
Closing date: 21st November 2012
Find the Royal Botanic Garden Jordon on the BGCI Garden Search