Meeting the Challenge of the Global Strategy for Plant Conservation
7- 9 November 2007
BGEN’s Annual Conference, 7th - 9th November 2007, at the National Botanic Garden of Wales, will look at the way in which garden communicators can work effectively with other partners to deliver better biodiversity education.
This year’s themes will explore:
- Biodiversity – for food security
- Biodiversity – for our health and wealth
- Biodiversity – the threat from rapid climate change
The Conference will explore how we can better deliver the education and public awareness target of the Global Strategy for Plant Conservation.
The Conference will include talks on the key objectives of the strategy.
Speakers will include:
- Peter Wyse Jackson – National Botanic Garden, Glasnevin
- Mike Fay – Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
- Chris Cheffings – Joint Nature Conservation Committee
- Jayne Manley - Plantlife
- Deborah Long - Plantlife
Workshops will focus on issues such as
- Climate Change
- Fair Trade
- Native Flora
- Gardening for Biodiversity
- Alien Weed Species
- Environmental Procurement
- Food Security
- Implementing the GSPC through Education
For more information, details of costs and accomodation, visit the BGEN website.
Back to Events