Plant Conservation Day > Resources for Organizers
Resources for Organizers
Thanks for your interest in celebrating Plant Conservation Day!
Did you know that by using this day as an excuse to raise awareness about the importance of plants and the need for their conservation, you are helping us reach Target 14 of the Global Strategy for Plant Conservation?
Follow these links for tools you can use to help you plan and carry out your own celebration!
- Activities for kids and families - resources to help you engage kids of any age on the topic of plant conservation
- Activities for home gardeners - ideas to incorporate plant conservation and sustainability practices into gardening activities
- Plan a plant conservation guided tour - this is a great way for botanic gardens and zoos to celebrate Plant Conservation Day on May 18th and around the year.
- Hold a conservation plant sale -this area is under construction, but many organizations are holding plant sales on or around Plant Conservation Day and sharing messages about sustainable gardening and gardening with native plants for wildlife.
- Check out these books - a selection of books for children, adults, and gardeners. Check them out, and ask your local library about putting them on display for Plant Conservation Day!
- Tools to help you celebrate - Including a template press release and downloadable Plant Conservation Day logo.