BGCI/ArbNet Partnership Programme. New Phase 2 grant awarded
BGCI and ArbNet are delighted to announce that an additional award has been granted as part of Phase 2 of the BGCI/ArbNet Partnership Programme. This is an international partnership building initiative that aims to facilitate the exchange of knowledge, skills and resources within the botanic garden and arboretum community.
The awards are used to support joint activities between organisations that have signed formal BGCI/ArbNet partnership agreements. The activities being supported are aimed at strengthening the partnership between the organisations and will lead to further joint activities in the future.
The latest grant has been awarded to:
- The Fundació Jardí Botànic de Sóller, Spain and the Burren Nature Sanctuary, Ireland. Grant awarded to support the devcelopment of joint orchid conservation and education programmes.
Phase 2 grants have also been awarded to:
- The Botanic Garden at Emerson College, UK and the Balkan Botanic Garden of Kroussia, Greece. Grant awarded to support medicinal plant propagation, conservation and education exchanges.
- MUSE, Museo delle Scienze, Italy and Lystigardur Akureyrar, Iceland. Grant awarded to support the conservation of Arctic and Alpine plants.
- Peermade Development Society, India and the Plant Conservation and Research Foundation, Bangladesh. Grant awarded to support the development of strategies for conservation and utilization of medicinal plants.
A Partnership agreement has also been signed between:
- Spring Hill Cemetery and Arboretum, US, and Botanical Garden of Medellín Joaquín Antonio Uribe, Columbia