BGCI/ArbNet Partnership Programme. Phase 2 grants awarded
BGCI and ArbNet are delighted to announce the second set of grants awarded in the framework of the BGCI/ArbNet Partnership Programme. This is an international partnership building initiative that aims to facilitate the exchange of knowledge, skills and resources within the botanic garden and arboretum community.
The awards are used to support joint activities between organisations that have signed formal BGCI/ArbNet partnership agreements. The activities being supported are aimed at strengthening the partnership between the organisations and will lead to further joint activities in the future.
The grants awarded are as follows:
- The Botanic Garden at Emerson College, UK and the Balkan Botanic Garden of Kroussia, Greece. Grant awarded to support medicinal plant propagation, conservation and education exchanges.
- MUSE, Museo delle Scienze, Italy and Lystigardur Akureyrar, Iceland. Grant awarded to support the conservation of Arctic and Alpine plants.
- Peermade Development Society, India and the Plant Conservation and Research Foundation, Bangladesh. Grant awarded to support the development of strategies for conservation and utilization of medicinal plants.
Partnership agreements have also been signed between:
- The Fundació Jardí Botànic de Sóller, Spain and the Burren Nature Sanctuary, Ireland.
- Spring Hill Cemetery and Arboretum, US, and Botanical Garden of Medellín Joaquín Antonio Uribe, Columbia