Adopt and Adapt - a networking day for outdoor learning
All living organisms on earth are continuously adapting in order to survive and flourish in all sorts of environments. Adaptation is a key topic in the national curriculum and the focus of many outdoor education activities that seek to grow people’s understanding of and connection to nature.
Join us to learn and experience the world-renowned plant collections of Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew; a learning environment that showcases how life on earth has become so versatile through the process of adaptation.
BGEN, LEEF and BGCI, networking organisations with a focus on outdoor learning, are co-organising this event. Our aim is to bring together like-minded professionals to mingle, get inspiration and share their best practices.
Participants will have the chance to:
- Tour the Alpine and Rock Garden sections, with some 'behind the scenes' insights
- Investigate learning activities using these environments, linked to the topic of adaptation for primary and secondary education
- Trial activities from Royal Botanic Gardens Kew Education Programme
- Discuss how you can adopt and adapt the lessons at your own site
- Meet like-minded people working in your field, share ideas
We hope you will bring your own ideas and practices to enrich the day! In the spirit of networking, for lunch we invite you to join us for a picnic. Please bring a dish to share with the other participants. Coffee and soft drinks will be provided throughout the day.
The cost of this networking day is £20, which includes entrance to Royal Botanic Gardens Kew, all activities and drinks throughout the event.
Places on this event are limited to 30 - book now to secure your place!
You can find terms and conditions of booking here
|Venue||Royal Botanic Gardens Kew|
|Address||Richmond TW9 3AB|
|Starts||Thu Aug 25 2016, 10:00am GMT|
|Ends||Thu Aug 25 2016, 3:00pm GMT|