Now recruiting - BGCI-U.S. Executive Director
29 August 2014
BGCI-U.S.: Executive Director
PURPOSE: To increase support for BGCI’s U.S. and international plant conservation programs and to participate in implementation of the BGCI-U.S. strategic plan. Priorities include: diversify and expand funding streams, engage botanic gardens and other partners in the U.S. and globally, facilitate collaboration among the Boards of BGCI and BGCI-U.S., develop Board membership in the U.S. and oversee BGCI-U.S. operations and staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Fundraising and development
- Fundraise for BGCI’s U.S. and international activities (including the Global Strategy for Plant Conservation, Global Trees Campaign, and Ecological Restoration Alliance) working closely with BGCI’s staff in the UK office.
- Identify, cultivate, engage and submit proposals for funds from foundations, corporations, government agencies and other donors.
2. Advocacy and outreach
- Promote BGCI as a global organization with a strong and valued presence in the U.S.
- Lead efforts to recruit and retain BGCI members in the U.S. and encourage them to participate in BGCI’s programs.
- Provide a communications link with the UK and other BGCI offices for U.S. members.
- Represent BGCI-U.S. and BGCI at key meetings and events.
3. Administration and board development
- Manage BGCI-U.S.’s finances, working with the BGCI-U.S. Board and funders as appropriate.
- Coordinate and facilitate all meetings and activities of the BGCI-U.S. Board of Directors.
- Act as a liaison between the BGCI-U.S. and BGCI Boards of Directors.
LOCATION AND TIME:
This is being advertised as a half-time position with an anticipated duration of at least three years. Subject to available funding, it may increase to full-time. Location is flexible, although office space is available at the Chicago Botanic Garden.
REPORTS TO: BGCI-U.S. Board, communicating also with the BGCI Board through quarterly reports. Coordination of activities with BGCI’s Secretary General.
SALARY: Negotiable, based on qualifications and experience.
START DATE: Negotiable.
TO APPLY: Please send your CV, list of three references and statement of interest to email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: We will begin reviewing applications on September 30, 2014.
For more information about BGCI-U.S. visit www.bgci.org/usa
For more information about BGCI visit www.bgci.org
Back to news archive