2010 Catalogue of Life Annual Checklist launched
The Catalogue of Life is the most comprehensive and authoritative global index of species currently available. It consists of a single integrated species checklist and taxonomic hierarchy.
This year's edition contains 1,257,735 species from 77 databases.
Ten new databases joined the project since the last year edition:
- Brassicaceae species checklist and database
- Early Land Plants Today (liverworts and hornworts)
- Global Compositae Checklist (in 4D4Life project)
- Global Species Database of Salticidae (Araneae)(in 4D4Life project)
- Moss Bug Base
- Neotropical Freshwater Crabs Catalogue
- New Zealand Inventory of Biodiversity
- Taxapad Ichneumonoidea and