GPPC Conference: supporting the worldwide implementation of the GSPC
28-30 August, 2018
Cape Town, South Africa
A conference aimed at supporting the worldwide implementation of the Global Strategy for Plant Conservation (GSPC) is being organised by the Global Partnership for Plant Conservation (GPPC), in association with the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (SCBD) and BGCI, and hosted by the South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI), Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, Cape Town, South Africa.
Click here to visit the website for registration
Deadline for Early Bird registration is 15 July
Download the Registration form here
(If you receive an error message - please ignore this and download the PDF using the button on the top right)
The conference will bring together plant conservation scientists, policy makers and practitioners from across the world to consider the future of plant conservation, and in particular to develop ideas for a global plant conservation strategy for the post-2020 period.
The results of the conference and the strategic workshops will be provided to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) as a contribution from the GPPC and the plant conservation community in general towards future plans for the CBD in the achievement of the 2050 Vision for Biodiversity and the 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development.
The objectives of the conference will include:
- Showcasing examples and sharing experiences on GSPC implementation.
- Providing guidance and support for national and regional GSPC implementation entering into the new phase.
- Helping to build leadership amongst the participating organisations for monitoring and delivery of the GSPC targets.
- Developing and considering scenarios and priorities for the GSPC in the period beyond 2020 and the ways in which it will contribute to the 2050 Vision for Biodiversity and the 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development.
Who should attend the conference?
- National focal points for the Global Strategy for Plant Conservation and the Convention on Biological Diversity.
- Plant conservationists.
- Representatives of GPPC partner organisations, donor agencies interested in biodiversity conservation, national biodiversity organisations and agencies, potential GPPC members and regional biodiversity conservation bodies.
Download a conference flyer here