Seasonal Native Plant Sales, Garden in the Woods, New England Wild Flower Society
New England Wild Flower Society seeks seasonal Native Plant Salespeople for our retail sales area at Garden in the Woods in Framingham, MA. Responsibilities include selling and caring for plants and merchandise, receiving plant shipments, managing plant orders, and providing excellent customer service. This position offers the additional opportunity to learn about native plant propagation, participate in educational classes, and gain practical gardening experience.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills, work well independently, have a strong desire to learn, and enjoy working with customers. The candidate must have botanical interest and understanding and a basic familiarity with horticultural practices. Knowledge of New England native plants is a strong plus.
This is a part- to full-time position that starts in early April 2017 and ends in late October 2017. Weekend work is required. By its nature this is a physically active job, including moving plants, standing, and lifting. This associate reports to the Retail Manager.
● Assist customers, ring up sales, answer plant questions, assist walk-ins and pre-arranged weekday sales
● Manage plant pre-orders
● Water/groom/maintain retail plants
● Receive plant shipments, restock plants, set up and refresh plant displays
● Help with initial retail setup in spring, breakdown in fall, and inventory
● Maintain labeling/signage and keep track of inventory
● Maintain plant displays; coordinate volunteer help
● Act as an ambassador for the Society
● Occasionally help with driving truck to make plant deliveries and pickups
Email or fax a resume, cover letter, and list of three references to:
Noni Macon, Retail Manager
New England Wild Flower Society
Closing date: 01/04/2017