Welcome to the resources section of the Education Centre. Here you will find a wide range of information on plant-based education. Our aim is to support you to raise awareness about the importance of plants and to promote the need for every one of us to adopt more sustainable lifestyles. In this section you will find:
- Roots – BGCI’s trilingual education review. Roots is published twice a year and contains a wealth of information - case studies, activities, resources and the latest research in botanic garden and plant-based education. Each issue is themed with previous issues covering topics such as teacher training, water, evaluation, play, ecotourism and climate change.
- Guidelines and policy – frameworks for developing and implementing education in botanic gardens and for supporting funding applications
- Education congress proceedings - BGCI's education congresses allow educators, teachers and researchers to meet and discuss their work, share ideas and gain inspiration and understanding about environmental education and education for sustainability
- Case studies – be inspired by programmes run in botanic gardens around the globe
- Web links – links to education journals, environmental education groups and resource suppliers
Resource chest – here’s where we keep a whole range of resources from teaching materials to books. Use BGCI’s search engine to find the resource relevant for your education programme.
- See our groundbreaking education for climate change resources in English, Spanish , Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese
- Interpretation signs: BGCI has produced a series of downloadable signs to help botanic gardens interpret plants within their collections. Presently these focus on threatened plants through the project Care For The Rare and energy plants through the The Energy Garden Project.