Institution Code: IB
BGCI Member: Yes
About the Botanischer Garten
In the Botanical Garden we find the following plots:
- 2,5 acres arboretum in which the trees and bushes are systematically arranged
- 1000 square meters of herbs and poisonous plants, classified according to phytochemical principles
- 129 square meters taste and touch garden where the plants are labelled in Braille.
- 2000 square meters alpine garden arranged according to geographical and geological principles including plants from all over the globe.
- 80 square meters Alpine House
- 1000 square meters systematic garden, an area in which the plants are arranged according to plant families
633 m2 tropical greenhouse: tropical houseplants, water plants, ferns, epiphytes, carnivorous plants, cacti and succulents, plants from the Mediterranean and the Canary Islands.
The park and all other open-air grounds are open throughout the year from 7.30 to 19.00 (to 16.30 during the winter months). No entrance fees. The tropical green houses are open every Tuesday,Thursday and every first Sunday in the month from 13.00 to 16.00
Botanical Gardens of the University of Innsbruck
Tyrol 6020 Austria
Telephone: 43 (0)512 507 5910
Fax: 43 (0)512 507 96952
Primary Email: Botanischer-Garten@uibk.ac.at