The Genius of Play: Celebrating the spirit of childhood
The Genius of Play addresses what play is, why it matters, and how modern life endangers children's play. Here is an outspoken ‘Children's Play Charter’ for parents and teachers, which celebrates the playful spirit of childhood. Sally Jenkinson asks:
• What do children express in their play?
• How does play develop empathy and social skills?
• How are children influenced by inappropriate toys, TV and consumerism?
• How does play develop children's imaginations?
• Why do children need adults who encourage play?
• How lively childhood players become creative adult thinkers?
Sally Jenkinson, 2005
Hawthorn Press, 224pp
ISBN 1 903458 048
32 Finlas Street, Cowlairs Estate, Glasgow, G22 5DU, UK
Shop at Amazon
By visiting Amazon using our link, anything you buy will help us continue our critical conservation work. (Just click on the 'powered by Amazon.co.uk' logo to go to the main Amazon site, a percentage of anything you buy will be donated to BGCI).