Links - Education
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Network: www.cbin.ec.gc.ca/
- Site addresses the topic of biodiversity, the effects of land and natural resources use, genetically engineered organisms, non-native introduced species, climate and environmental effects and cultural/urban effects
- Long list of useful links to other sites
- For more complex ideas on biodiversity and access to national and international documents/agreements see the international clearing house icon (right side of page)
- Canadian Botanical Conservation Network (CBCN): www.rbg.ca/cbcn/en/index/l
- Basic theoretical concepts, educational materials for students and educators, link to activity guide for primary/junior-aged students
- ‘Botanist in Training’ program an excellent plant/biodiversity based program- very interesting, engaging, site easy to navigate through for all basic reading age ranges
- provides a good diversity of information and access to botanical organisations and projects for the interested reader
- Biodiversity Research Centre: www.biodiv.ca/
Authors: University of British Columbia’s Biodiversity Research Centre
- Comprehensive site for educators, educational program ideas, glossaries of terms, access to further links and resources, and a virtual library
- for those living locally, dates for seminars and upcoming events are listed
- Provides a large range of biodiversity publications
- Rare Plants in Ontario - www.rbg.ca/rare/
- An Introduction to rare plants of Ontario.
- Includes a complete list of rare plants in Canada as of 1999.
- Provides an outline of what Canada is doing to protect rare and endangered plants along with a list of some organizations that are involved in these practices.
- Introduces some ideas to what you can do to protect rare and endangered plants.
- Many of the links are out of date, but the information on the site is comprehensive and thorough.