Links - General Botany
- Canadian Botanical Conservation Network (CBCN): www.rbg.ca/cbcn/en/index/l
Highlights Recommended by Elizabeth Hood
- Basic theoretical concepts, educational materials for students and educators, link to activity guide for primary/junior-aged students
- ‘Botanist in Training’ program an excellent plant/biodiversity based program- very interesting, engaging, site easy to navigate through for all basic reading age ranges
- provides a good diversity of information and access to botanical organisations and projects for the interested reader
- North American Native Plant Society: www.nanps.org
Highlights: Recommended by Elizabeth Hood
- Native plant sources, rescues, seed exchanges; informative, how-to guides, message boards and question forums
- This is not an ideal site for finding educational program ideas, but being Canada’s national native plant society it does have some good resources and connections to other organizations
- Overall, information available on this website is sparse; the message boards are very useful, attracting knowledgeable contributors
- E-Flora BC: www.eflora.bc.ca
- E-Flora BC is an on-line atlas of the plants of British Columbia.
- Site provides comprehensive botanical information for all BC plant species for use in education, conservation and research
- Includes key mapping components and links to multiple key databases.
- Site is attractive, easy to navigate and has great photos: while still under development, there is a lot of good information available.
Recommended by Laurel McIvor
- Species search page
- Invasive plant species section: an overview of the issue, recommendations and list of species of concern in BC
- Plant identification & photography tips
Also See:Nova Scotia Native Plant Society: www.chebucto.ns.ca/~nswfs
Field Botanists of Ontario: www.trentu.ca/fbo
Rare Plants of Ontario: www.rbg.ca/rare
- hosted by the Royal Botanical Garden- very informative